Wednesday 28 June 2017

Prison of the Angels update

Stella Langdale: illustration for Christ in Hades (1917)
If you need anything else to blame Theresa bloody May for, the snap election she called has caused a bit of a delay in the publication of The Prison of the Angels, the final part of my Book of the Watchers trilogy - as my editor was busy campaigning for the opposition!

Anyway, we're catching up now. I am preparing to devote July to edits, and we should have a cover by August. I've also been told to get my finger out and write a blurb real soon now 😜

Given the usual 3-4 month run-up from final manuscript to paperback publication, we're on track for the end of this year as planned, which is excellent!

It's going to make you cry though.  

"I thought I was a good girl. I thought that no matter what happened around me, no matter the company I kept and no matter what others did for my sake, that I could stay innocent. I thought that as long as I acted out of love, I’d be blameless.
I was wrong, wasn’t I?"

No comments: